The Department of Mathematics of Hansraj College is one of the most eminent
and engaging undergraduate departments in the Delhi University. From its
inception to the present, the Department has evolved and grown in several
directions. Academic excellence is a hallmark of the Department of Mathematics
at Hansraj College, with its foundations laid by very fine mathematicians such as
Shanti Narayan Ji, Prof. M.C. Puri, Prof. S. C. Arora and Dr. S. R. Arora. With
Dr. Harbans Lal, Dr. K. L. Bhatla, Dr. N.M. Kapoor, Dr. Satpal, and Sh. J. P.
Pruthi as guiding lights, the department has always strived to nurture and create
The Department is active year round and conducts frequent activities like Quiz Contests, Sessions, Seminars, Academic Workshops etc. at intra-collegiate and inter-collegiate levels. The Department always strives to work with passion for comprehensive development of the students and has given many innovative and brilliant minds in various career profiles.
“Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.”
The Department has a strong alumni background with a number of students
making us proud every year. From placements to competitive exams,
our students have been making great accomplishments.
Some of those are mentioned below.
• BATCH 2017-20 : There were 5 students under AIR 100 in JAM
– Shubham Kumar Yadav
– Deepak Kumar: IIT Delhi
– Ekansh Jauhari: IIT Delhi
– Manish Kumar Meena: IIT Delhi
– Prerna: IIT Delhi
– Kuljeet Singh Bhilwara: IIT Madras
– Rahul Kumar Meena: IIT Delhi
• BATCH 2016-19 :
– Arvish Dabra: IIT Delhi
– Ashutosh Mishra: IIT Delhi
– Vinit Kaushik: IIT Madras
– G. Gomathy: IIT Gandhinagar
– Md. Yasir Feroz Khan: Cambridge University
• BATCH 2015-18 :
– Manu Bansal: Cleared Actuaries with AIR 1
– Akshay Mehta: Placed in BAIN and Company with an annual package of 12-13 LPA CTC